re:Stumped by my WG 6101

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_nortel.ca>
Date: Fri Jun 27 1997 - 00:34:00 EDT

In message "Stumped by my WG 6101", you write:
> Anyway, the problem that I have had for about 6 months now is that I
>have "noise" in my vectors. It is in both the X and Y axis and seems to
>be high frequency since I can see the noise repeat in a nice long
>horizontal line about every inch or two. Here is what I have done.

Has the monitor ever worked properly? The reason I ask is that this
game is very succeptible to wiring conditions. The R, G, and B
signals MUST be twisted pair from the game board to the monitor and
the length of this connection MUST be less than 4 feet or else noise
is going to be a problem. I assume you built your own harness. One
more thing; try disconnecting the AC fan and/or the flourscent light
fixture. I have seen flourscent tube/starters go bad that sparked
continuously and each spark induced distortion to the lines on the
screen.

--
THANX...Gregg   day 214.684.7380  night UNLIST/PUBL   TEXAS NOT CANADA!
              woodcock@nortel.com  or  woodcock@dfwmm.net