Re: Stumped by my WG 6101

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Fri Jun 27 1997 - 11:43:47 EDT

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions so far (Greg, Ruben, Paul
Catignani, Bill, and John Lee).

Im going to go make an aluminum shield today for the HV unit and see
what that does. From Gregg's suggestion I am going to go look for some
twisted pairs to wire up the XY and RGB lines. Now I have a general
ground question. The chassis is already connected to the logic ground by
all the ground wires screwed to the chassis. Is it really necessary to
ground the chassis to the "earth" ground from the 120 line? I have
actually seen this procedure CAUSE noise in raster monitors.

to keep you reply off the vectorlist you can <A
HREF="mailto:jess@magenta.com">mail me here!</A>

Thanks for all the suggestion, I will let you all know what it turns out
to be!

jess

--
Unofficial Atari Game Page:http://magenta.com/havoc