Amplifone blues...

From: Mit Matelske <Mit_Matelske_at_BayNetworks.COM>
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 15:13:08 EDT

I hate to pollute the list with simple problems ... but...

A couple of days ago, I was trying a new bs in my Star Wars
cockpit, and all of the sudden this loud static noise came
from the tube. I quickly turned the game off then preceded to
clean out my pants. Seriously, I unpluged the neck plug, and
turned the HV all the way down, then, - turned it on - loud
fritghtening noise - turned it off. It was on for maybe a second,
but still there was a burning smell. The next day I hooked everything
up to an extra 19" tube and it worked fine.

What happened? How can I savalage my 25" tube? Please help

Thanks in advance...

Mit Matelske