cheap PC's

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 17:36:20 EDT

With all this talk about PC's, I broke down and bought one
(with my teeth clenched, since i'm a senior engr at Apple)
Used 386/486's are incredibly cheap in the Bay Area! I just
found a surplus place that had used mini-towers with everything
but the floppy/hd for $25 !

Guess everybody must be dumping them to get P-whatevers...
I haven't pulled it all apart yet, but it looked like it
had either 1 or 4megs of memory in it.

So, how do you do embedded systems with these things? I
assume if you were going to use it for a sound board in
a game you wouldn't boot DOS on it..