Re: CineSound Samples

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 23 1997 - 10:44:16 EDT

> I think you might be a bit confused....
>
> Here's how it works in the original sound boards:
>
> The 3-bit "frequency select" (That's not what it's called, but that's what it does) input goes through a DAC and some other stuff to set up an analog control voltage for the VCO which generates the square wave output.
>
> It's the control voltage which moves gradually from one "operating point" to another.

No, I'm not confused :-) That's exactly what I meant. Simulate the RC circuit
and the VCO. Using pitch bend might introduce noise where simulating
the VCO is easy since the output needs to be a relatively low frequency
square wave.

And yes, I'd like to add sound to the emulator :-) I find the Zonn idea of
using MIDI very interesting, but I'll just be using the Windoze stuff. At
this point I'm only interested in sampling the triggered sounds, but I will
try to emulate the VCO stuff once the rest is working.

Thanks,

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.