Re: Quadrature vs CLK/DIR

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri Jul 25 1997 - 11:08:59 EDT

On Jul 25, 9:32am, Ray Ghanbari wrote:
> Subject: Re: Quadrature vs CLK/DIR
> You wrote:
>
> I can verify that Arkanoid works just fine with a regular trackball for input
> (standard Atari/Wico quadrature signal)

FYI, for those looking for a multigame controller, the TRON encoder wheel is a
good choice, because you can pull the clk and dir out before it goes to the
special circuitry that turns it into a counter.

> Clay, you neglected to add PSX Mouse to that list of compatibility modes (how
> else are you going to play Genji and Heike Clans without going to Japan to
raid
> some operator warehouses? ;-)
>
> (I'll crawl back under my Tempest/Star
> Wars/Asteroids/Robotron/Defender/Football/Ms Pac/Star Castle/Sinistar
cabinets
> before Mark banishes me from VAPS again for mentioning any console unit other
> than an Atari 2600 ;-)

Banished! ;-)

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL