Quadrature vs CLK/DIR

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Fri Jul 25 1997 - 11:18:16 EDT

Hey,

  Can't you use the quadrature signals as clock and direction directly?
If on signal is the clock then the other one will be a valid direction
on the falling edge of the clock. If it goes the wrong way you switch
the signals. If you need the rising edge, that works too. The only way
I could see this not working is if something used it that was NOT edge
triggered. BTW my Arkanoid spinner looks like it puts out Quadrature
while the board is labeled CLK and direction.

BTW, notice that the quadratue signals are actually a 2-bit Grey code :-)

BTW2, I'm tierd of the subject "Re: Paul was right" :-)

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.