Re: Omega Race Monitor

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 13:11:32 EDT

>Guys,
>
> Which monitor does Omega Race use, the G0-5? How hard is it to get a
>flyback for said monitor? (I've never had to replace one)

It's a G0-5 from what I've seen. I've never had to replace the flyback in
one though, so I can't comment on the flyback...

> One is being sold for a good price, and supposedly in great condition
>other than the fact that the monitor needs a flyback.
> If it's a GO-5, I think I have a few sitting around anyways (Or I can
>pick some up from Paul Frazee this weekend) but I really don't like to junk
>these monitors...

If it's a good price, get the monitor and just pick up some parts to fix it
 from Paul. One other thing worth buying (IMHO) from Paul are some
Ampliphone tubes with the XY yoke's still attached. He had a bunch when I
was there a couple weeks ago-- I got one (all I had room for) for $10.
Pair 'em up with a WG deflection board/neck/HV/chassis and you have a
really nice monitor with very low "pincushion" type distortion for cheap.
:-)

Be sure to look at Paul's "stack" of Williams CPU boards. Even I was
impressed. There must be 200 of 'em...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com