forwarded msg

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 15:05:20 EDT

I'm not quite sure why, but this message bounced, so I'm forwarding
it to the list by hand.

--al

From: gonzothegreat@juno.com (Alan J McCormick)

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:24:31 -0500 jwelser@crystal.cirrus.com (Joseph J.
Welser) writes:

> Which monitor does Omega Race use, the G0-5? How hard is it to
get a
>flyback for said monitor? (I've never had to replace one)

GO5-802 as everyone else said. If you need schems, I can xerox mine.

> One is being sold for a good price, and supposedly in great
>condition other than the fact that the monitor needs a flyback.

Is the flyback missing or is the monitor dead? I've never had problems
with
GO5 flybacks dying. Amplifones are another story...

What I have had problems with is the stupid little HV diode. The endcaps
get brittle and disintegrate. Schieve jury-rigs an endcap with silicone.

I don't know if this would be of intrest to you but last year I picked up
a bunch of
12" raster green phosphor monitors that used the same tube as GO5
cocktails.
A friend used one in his cabaret Battlezone ("Look ma! No phosphor
burn!")

Anyways, that left me with the raster chassis. The HVT - technically not
the "flyback"
since vector monitors use a dedicated oscillator (555 or some other
beast) to drive
the HV section - looks very similar to the one in my OR cocktail. The HV
diode looks
close too.

The # on the HVT is 30-00122-010 and 17-8243

The # on the diode is VARO H617-8 8218

If you want to experiment with this dude on your monitor, LMK.

Virtu-Al