Re: replacement for 6012?

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Fri Aug 01 1997 - 14:17:15 EDT

>I was looking for something to use instead of the DAC80's for a cine->WG
>converter and found those. They also have a really cool dual 12 bit double
>buffered DAC with an 8 bit uP interface (DAC 8248) if someone wanted to
>build a completely in software vector generator..

Ahhhhh... I see. I'd just go for something like a MAX 502 then. 12 bit,
voltage output, in production, free samples, etc. No real reason (IMHO) to
chase 6012 equivalents except for existing designs. You can still get
DAC-80's if you just want to clone the WG monitor adapter, but at something
over 200 parts that was a bit more than I wanted to deal with... ;-)

AD7845's fit the bill nicely too.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com