Re: replacement for 6012?

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Fri Aug 01 1997 - 13:48:00 EDT

At 09:17 AM 8/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>clay said:
>"Anyway, I'll see what I can find on it, and as long as it's cheaper than
>the surface mount AM6012 -> DIP boards that I did it's a win...
>

>I was looking for something to use instead of the DAC80's for a cine->WG
>converter and found those. They also have a really cool dual 12 bit double
>buffered DAC with an 8 bit uP interface (DAC 8248) if someone wanted to
>build a completely in software vector generator..

And if someone *were* to do this, I would do my best to support it with the
emulator, and then given sound, we'd have a functionally equivalent remake
of the original Cinematronics games using none of the original hardware!
(I'm assuming WG's color or Asteriod B&W monitors would be used for all the
games.)

This would certainly remove the need for a Cinematronics -> Color board.

Kind of a cool thought!

-Zonn