Re: omega race drawings

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 20:37:03 EDT

actually, what I was thinking of was a zero center sort of thing, with
a little dead-band near the center,

actually.... that reminds me, I wanted to have this as a mode for the
spinner too, so you wouldn't have to spin the bloody knob so hard in
Major Havoc!

     no spin no spin
rotl rotr slow left slow right
                        fast left fast right

so... you don't actually SPIN the spinner, you just rotate farther left
or right for more pulses/sec.

this is hard to do with a dumb quadrature decoder, but should be
straightforward if there is a uP there to remember how fast you're spinning!

the little drawing above right is actually a continuously variable speed,
not just 'slow' and 'fast'