Re: omega race drawings

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 21:13:00 EDT

At 05:37 PM 8/4/97 -0700, you wrote:
>actually, what I was thinking of was a zero center sort of thing, with
>a little dead-band near the center,

Yeah that was the third example I gave. If you ever let go of the knob and
lose the center you could easily die a few times trying to find it again.
This can really be a pain when switching from player 1 to player 2, since
the PIC has no idea what the game is doing, it can't just "re-center" the
knob before each turn, and you'll have to carefully hold the knob at center
while the next player positions himself (or a little "Ooops! I slipped!
Sorry!" when your losing!).

>actually.... that reminds me, I wanted to have this as a mode for the
>spinner too, so you wouldn't have to spin the bloody knob so hard in
>Major Havoc!
>

> no spin no spin
>rotl rotr slow left slow right
> fast left fast right
>

>so... you don't actually SPIN the spinner, you just rotate farther left
>or right for more pulses/sec.

How about acceleration control like they do in mouse drivers? That way your
faster spins would be multiplied in speed, but you wouldn't have to worry
about losing center.

-Zonn