Re: More Rotary Encoders

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 14:57:48 EDT

>Offhand, I would guess that Kick is just a subset of TRON. I think at one time
>I had a TRON control panel hooked up to my Kick cabinet. You have to spin the
>encoder so fast to move it was nearly impossible to play. In fact now that I
>think about it, I think the interface board was the same for each.

That could be. I think the Kick control I saw was a 74ls191 or a 74ls193
on the board. Maybe with a comparator and some other crap. Definately not
the 74ls491 that the TRON spinner used though. BUT...

I bet that if you use the upper four bits of the "raw" output at the inputs
to Kick the ratio is about right... (Of course you could use the lower 4
bits and have hyper-speed too... ;-)

I wonder if I have a working Kick boardset...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/