More Rotary Encoders

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_nortel.ca>
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 15:14:00 EDT

In message "Paul was right", zonn@pop3.concentric.net writes:

> >Hmmmm. Actually I hadn't thought about it a lot yet. In retrospect, I
> >suppose there's enough I/O that I could use a bit or two for "mode select".
> >I was thinking of just having everything work simultaneously, but I guess
> >that isn't necessary. Close a jumper and it's a G-80 spinner, open and
> >it's a Midway spinner... That'd be kinda cool.
>
> Actually I was thinking the same thing!
>
> Read inputs
> Output G-80 spinner...
> Output Midway spinner...
> Output Dir & Clock...
> etc.
> loop

In all the recent discussions about rotary encoders, I don't think I ever
saw anyone mention Cinematronics. The reason this comes to mind now, sev-
eral weeks later, is that I just started work on connecting a Boxing Bugs
board set to my Cosmic Chasm. Both of which use rotary encoders, neither
of which were mentioned above.

Has anyone checked into these games yet? I'm hoping they take a straight
quad. input and work with each others control panels.

Cheers,
Mark