Re: More Rotary Encoders

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 18:58:43 EDT

On Aug 4, 3:36pm, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: Re: More Rotary Encoders
>
> Input: quadrature signal (2 lines TTL level), 2 mode select lines
> Output:
> Mode0: "raw" 8-bit count (like TRON)
> Mode1: "G-80" 7 bit count plus direction bit
> Mode2: "Omega Race/Clk&Dir" 6 bit grey-code. Also clock&direction
> Mode3: TBD
>
> Now then, I need a little help/advise... What four modes should I pick to
> support? Looks like there's some more possibilities--
>
> Midway "Kick" four bit something or other. Anyone have a schematic?

Offhand, I would guess that Kick is just a subset of TRON. I think at one time
I had a TRON control panel hooked up to my Kick cabinet. You have to spin the
encoder so fast to move it was nearly impossible to play. In fact now that I
think about it, I think the interface board was the same for each.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL