RE: omega race drawings

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 15:48:07 EDT

Zonn writes:

>Just out of curiosity isn't it cheaper and easier to wire up 2 $0.50 arcade
>buttons than to find and program a Discs of Tron spin knob to act like them?
>:^> ?

Ok, ok, we get the two buttons and just *glue* them to the spinner knob!
Then we devise a wireless transmitter that mounts inside one of the buttons
to send the button state to the main receiver board! It's so obvious! ;-)

Seriously though, I agree with Zonn, the spinner->button convertor is an
interesting idea, but I think the converse would be much more useful for
most people.

(You know, I could do that easily as "mode4" in the PIC. Use the two
quadrature input lines as "rotate left" and "rotate right" input lines.
Then output the appropriate pattern as a "virtual" spinner. I could
probably use another couple lines of I/O though so select more options...)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/