RE: omega race drawings

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 14:40:44 EDT

Look, Zonn, haven't you figured out that this has nothing to do with
money, but instead has become a quest for the "ultimate" control! 8^)
8^) 8^) Someone who's willing to spend $1K on the universal 33" XY
monitor should understand this!

..sticking my big nose into this again

wouldn't a 4 way joystick with a fire button be the fastest control
mechanism (left,right, pull back for thrust, and a fire button) ?

..guess it's actually 5 way counting left-thrust and right-thrust

This might start a whole thread just on "best controls" though..
I noticed that it didn't take very much playing of the 4 player
eliminator in San Diego before my less used hand (left, since
i'm right handed) started to hurt because of having to stretch
my 2nd and 4th fingers to reach the rotate buttons, and the
force required to press the buttons.

but, getting back to reality, yes, putting two rotate buttons
on the panel is more practical.