Re: omega race drawings

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 06 1997 - 13:47:12 EDT

> > But even if you get something working I'll bet I can kick all your asses
> > to get a spin knob to emulate subtle taps on the direction keys, when trying
> > to regain control after being blasted towards the "Bagel of Death" in
> > Eliminator!
> >
> > Just out of curiosity isn't it cheaper and easier to wire up 2 $0.50 arcade
> > buttons than to find and program a Discs of Tron spin knob to act like them?

You've got a good point Zonn. But have you ever seen a cabinet that's been
wired with controls for a bunch of different things? They tend to get ugly.
I find the idea of a spinner, thrust and fire very appealing unless it
turns out hard to play (which you point out may well be the case :-)
Anyway, minimal controls is very nice looking if it works.

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.