Re: omega race drawings

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed Aug 06 1997 - 13:14:55 EDT

On Aug 6, 10:10am, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: Re: omega race drawings
>
> Given Al's ability to view G-80 program RAM in emulation, I bet it wouldn't
> take him long to tell me where in RAM the ship rotation values are stored
> for Space Fury and Eliminator... A little disassembly and some tinkering
> later I bet it wouldn't be very hard to make Space Fury (for sure) and
> Eliminator (maybe a little harder) *support* a spinner knob for positioning
> a ship... ;-)
>
> (Sure, it's messing with a "classic", but from past experience Astro
> Blaster is a lot more fun without the damn fuel guage running out on you no
> matter what you do in Sector 4...) I think Space Fury with the spinner
> would be neato.
>
> (I was thinking of trying the same thing with Asteroids too.)

The thing to remember is that in Eliminator (and RipOff) that when you are
thrusting, you are not "rotating", you are TURNING. This is unlike Zektor,
Asteroids, Space Fury, etc where the ability to rotate is not effected by the
momentum of the ship, or whether thrust is on or off.

I don't know how that effects your design, but I thought I'd mention it. :-)

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL