Atari sound info needed for emulator

From: Sean Trowbridge <sean_at_visix.com>
Date: Wed Aug 13 1997 - 19:01:21 EDT

Hey folks,

I've written a vector game emulator for the Macintosh called Vectorama. It
currently emulates atari 6502 based games. Anyway, I've just added sound
support for most games, implemented by emulating the atari "pokey" chip.
However, some sounds are still missing. This includes all sounds for
Asteroids & Lunar Lander, and explosion/thrust type sounds in Battlezone,
Red Baron, and Gravitar (and possibly others that I'm not aware of). I
believe that these are generated by analog sound circuitry, but I don't
have access to any schematics of those games so I can't be sure. In fact
I'm working purely from memory, so I don't even remember what the exact
sounds are supposed to be.

So, I'm hoping some of you might be able to provide me with some details of
the sound circuitry of those machines, or perhaps a recording of the sound
of those machines so I can dummy something up which sounds at least fairly
accurate. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks,

Sean

P.S. If you want to try the emulator out, it's available at
www.emulation.net, under "vector games".

Sean Trowbridge
Visix Software Inc
sean@visix.com