Re: Frazee's XY auction

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 12:45:28 EDT

You wrote:
> Having been on sabatical for part of the Two Bit Kid fiasco, I didn't
> get the whole story. Did the same person resurface as Mike Mixon (and
> now NeatOJunk)?

I'm fairly certain it was a different person.

Also, I bend over *way* backwards to give people the benefit of the doubt
(I've never posted a "deadbeat" name to RGVAC, and brought it up here only
because Al was trying to buy something I paid for and never received).

For the record, Mike and I did exchange e-mail in February, where we agreed
that he would refund my $400. I consider Al purchasing the kit as legit. I'm
just looking to get my $$ back eventually (yes, I did e-mail a gentle reminder
to NeatOJunk)

Only other person I have a long-standing open account with is Jeff Anderson
(mayday19, and a contributor to this list). I consider that situation an act
of active neglect, rather than any intention to screw someone (similar to the
Mixon situation). I think he just doesn't want to deal with what remains of
our agreement, which is unfortunate. (jeff, if you still read this list, please
contact me)

In general, I have been fortuate to have dealt with very honest and very
supportive folks. I would hope that we don't try to segment the community too
much by maintaining a deadbeat list. The benefit may not outweigh the loss in
trust and mutual support. I think Clay's "People I've had good experiences
with" page is a more positive way to do things (esp. since I'm on it ;-)

My 2000 millicents

Ray