RE: Frazee's XY auction

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 12:00:42 EDT

G'day Ray (and all),

Having been on sabatical for part of the Two Bit Kid fiasco, I didn't
get the whole story. Did the same person resurface as Mike Mixon (and
now NeatOJunk)?

There's always been talk of a "deadbeat's list", but whenever the
discussion turns to "when can a person's name be put on the list"
suddenly the idea becomes much more complicated. Maybe we need to be
putting people's general address on a list? For instance, instead of
"Two Bit Kid" or "Mike Mixon" we'd put "Stone Mt, GA".

Obviously, the approach doesn't work very well for the biggest
metropolitans like the Bay Area where some towns might have a dozen
arcade collectors. But in small towns and even larger towns like Santa
Barbara, CA and Thousand Oaks, CA, it would be more difficult for these
deadbeats to dupe people. AND, now people can't complain about
accidentally being put on the list since only communities are being
listed....in fact, there'd be local pressure by other collectors on the
deadbeats not to wreck the dealings of everyone in that community!

Sure the deadbeats could get a PO Box in the next town or have the
checks sent to a friend, but now these deadbeats are going through great
efforts to dupe people. And if their friends are becoming accessories
to the crimes!

What do you all think....should we trial something like this on
vectorlist or is this outside the scope of this mailing list?

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com