RE: deadbeat list

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 14:06:12 EDT

G'day folks,

Maybe I didn't make my point clearly. No names, just locales on the
list. Let peer pressure work for RGVAC as upstanding collectors in the
same locale make personal visits (perhaps to collect long overdue Tac
Scan manuals) in hopes of preserving the good name of their community!

As one person pointed out, in major metropolitans it might be "a half
hour drive to the next town" to escape the deadbeat list. But I think
there's some ironic justice that a deadbeat (trying to get around the
deadbeat list) would have to drive a half hour to pick up his mail, to
send what little they do actually send or instead chose to involve a
friend from a neighboring city in their crimes! (And it won't be long
before the neighboring city is added to the deadbeat list, eh?)

As to voting, seems like alot of work. I certainly have no intention of
being the maintainer of something that contravertial! Given enough
time, I'll bet the maintainer would end up in hotter water than the
rec.humor.funny moderator!!

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com

ps - I think any approach to a deadbeat list will suffer from not being
"accountable". At some point, someone is going to be stepped on and it
could quite possibly be my name on that deadbeat list for the wrong
reasons. These are the risks of life....sometimes things that are good
for the community aren't fair to the individual (and sometimes the
individual is going to be me.).