Re: whereabouts of Larry Rosenthal

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 15:27:00 EDT

At 01:52 PM 8/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> The only person who had any ROMs was a technician, who had many of the
>> already discovered ROM images, he also had Sundance, a pre-production
>> version of Armor Attack -- where the only differences found was the Morse
>> Code at the start, and he did have a test ROM written for him to help test
>> the WG monitors using the Cine->WG conversion board. (I'll look for the
>> latter and upload them somewhere, Hey Al, can I stick the images on 'spies'?
>> They're not copyrighted or anything, they were just something Scott whipped
>> up for this technician as a favor.)
>
> I had heard about this. Doesn't the Morse code say "Atari Sucks" or
>something like that, or is this just a vector game urban legend...

That's what the technician said about the proto-type roms, but when we had a
Ham radio friend listen to the prototype (who's very good with morse code),
all it was saying was "C-I-N-E-M-A-T-R-O-N-I-C-S" over and over in *really
bad* morse code. I guess the spacing between characters was awful.

We didn't have the real ROMs at the time, so maybe the ones that were
released say "Atari Sucks!" anybody know morse code that owns an Armor Attack?

-Zonn