RE: Bizarre Tailgunner (2) Experience

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Thu Aug 21 1997 - 19:27:42 EDT

>So am I out in lala-land if I pose the question of a "universal I/O"
>card that makes use of modems to communicate between two games? In the
>most basic form woudl this be the equivalent to a PC's serial port? I'm
>not limitting this question to just the Cinematronics platform. I'd be
>much more interested in having this for the Sega XY platform (where
>adding another card to the cage isn't impossible).

I originally had a serial chip on the G-80 multigame card. The idea being
to allow serial downloads of development code and allow remote links with
other games. For some reason I took it off... I think "we" decided it
would burden the cost of the board for a seldom used feature.

(Did I miss something? What's this talk of a Quantum emulator?)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/