Battlezone story

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Aug 25 1997 - 15:45:15 EDT

Hi all!

A co-worker stopped by my office after lunch and said he saw a Battlezone
sitting out in the garbage near his apartment. Figuring I could get some parts
at the least, I recruited my cubical neighboor who has a truck and we set out
to get this Battlezone only two blocks away.

Well, to my suprize, it was the very same Battlezone which I had sold to
someone a year and a half ago! Monitor and boards were still there! The only
thing missing was the foot step, which I had to remove for the seller for him
to transport it in his vechile; the bolts were still in the coin box, so I can
only speculate he never installed it, and threw it out a long time ago :-(.

So anyway, now I have my Battlezone back! Later this week I'll power it up to
see if there was a reason for them throwing it out, but it is still in great
shape cosmetically. If anyone has parted one of these things out and has a
spare foot step laying around, let me know! :-)

--