Re: yoke resonant frequency

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 12:20:14 EDT

On Sep 3, 8:39am, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: Re: yoke resonant frequency

[snip talk about monitor stuff that is going way over Mark's head]

You guys have discussed a lot of things on this issue, including design, specs,
etc. I hope someone is not only archiving these mails, but turning this
discussion into some sort of vector monitor document so that someone can apply
what has been discussed here.

We all know how valuable vector monitors are in regards to arcade game
collecting, so I'd like to push the issue that we should start "planning" and
begining writing up a "cookbook" on this project with at least what we have
now.

I've been reading this thread off an on, but what the real issues here? What
parts to use? What yoke to use? What flyback to use?

Offhand, I'd think if we wanted to build a common XY monitor, wouldn't we want
to use parts from a more common monitor? Like somehow figure out how to make a
vector monitor using most of the parts from a G07? Or maybe just the tube,
yoke and flyback? Maybe just the tube and flyback?

Someone please help me understand what's standing in our way so we can identify
them, document them, and resolve them.

Just trying to get this a little more organized...

Sega XY FAQ author /_/|_| /_/ /____/_/|_|
________________ The One and Only 4-player vector game