Re: yoke resonant frequency

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 14:50:38 EDT

> I've been lurking on this subject for a while and have an armchair
> engineering question. Has anyone hooked up a spectrum analyzer to see
> what the spectral content is of the vector signals? With all this talk
> about hooking up audio amps makes me wonder if this will filter off some
> of the high end of the signal.

Of course it should be measured at the output of the driver because the
yoke itself will cut out some high frequency stuff. Which brings me to
another question:
  Aren't deflection coils current controled? i.e. isn't the deflection
proportional to the current and NOT the voltage across the coils? I know
this is a really basic question, but I've never dug into the schematics
really good and they look like an audio amp at first glance. BTW, I've
often wondered if speakers should be current driven for similar reasons.

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.