Protecting XY monitors...

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 02:42:01 EDT

Hi!
Well, let's see if this, my first post to the vectorlist works...

It seems to me that the real problem with these poor monitors is if the power supply of the game board goes bad that the
monitor gets lonesome and dies. Now in the interest of keeping them from croaking how about a simple little relay circuit that
cuts the power to the monitor if the +5 supply goes outside a set of parameters AND/OR if the logic board locks up? I was
thinking along the lines of a watchdog reset monitor circuit, or just a simple circuit that monitors the X and Y outputs and
if the signal doesn't change enough over a certain period of time that the power is cut to the monitor. This could be self
restarting so if the problem is an intermittent one can "play" the game around the problem...Well, any other bright ideas???
John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com