Re: Star Castle problems ...

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 11:02:51 EDT

> >Alright Zonn and crew -
> >
> >So I finally replace the power transistors in my monitor in=20
> >my Star Castle, and fire the game up. The led is flickering
> >rapidly - damn. For I press on all the ribbon cables, to=20
> >make sure that they are on well, and when I press the one
> >leading to the control panel, the light stops flickering!!!
> >I go and look at the monitor, and all I have is one ring of
> >vectors, with the ends crossing each other, in the middle of=20
> >the screen about 3 times to big! (what a run-on sentence)

The test pattern for Star Castle is one ring in the middle (not
rotating) and 4 small boxes - on in the middle of each side of the
screen. This pattern is for monitor/vector adjustment which it
sounds like you need to do :-)

Your friend,
CREW :-)

BTW, Clay & Bill. I can't buy anything right now. I've been thinking
about getting out of this whole hobby & selling my stuff (except Tempest).
Then again, I may not :-)

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.