Re: Star Castle problems ...

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 13:39:29 EDT

On Thu, 02 Oct 1997 09:02:41 -0500, you wrote:

>Thanks for the advice!!! I did all the obvious things - reseat ROMS, ect...
>and yes now the flickering stoped completely. But, I still only get one
>circle in the middle of the screen. I had assumed that I could get the
>screen size down to the correct size using the pots, but just as I was going
>to test that last night, my buddies convinced me to go play some pool...
>
>Even with the cp unplugged the game still only displays one circle.
>Any ideas?

Paul's hit upon the most obvious reason for displaying a single circle, you
probably got your dip switches set to "diagnostic mode" which displays
nothing but a big circle and four small boxes at the edge of the screen.

It's either switch 7 or switch 1 (depending on how they installed the
dipswitches).

If the switches make no difference, adjust the pots on the monitor to see
if you can see the four boxes around the edges of the screen. If so you
could have a problem with the dipswitches, or more likely the buffer used
to read the dip switches.

-Zonn