Re: Starfields (was: Sega xy help)

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Fri Oct 03 1997 - 18:48:47 EDT

>>NB I think it would be criminal for Clay not to have an easter egg in his
>>starfield ;-)
>
>Don't worry; I'm positive he will.

Yep, time to dust off Superpaint on the Mac again... ;-) (It lets you have
a bitmap on one layer and an object-oriented drawing object layer on top of
that... Perfect for, uhhh, vector-digitizing.)

On a loosely (very loosely) related subject-- seems like about 10 or so
years back Scientific American had an article on a little algorithm called
"face bender" or something like that. You gave it a vector
characterization of a person's face and it would build a caricature based
on the vector dataset and a "difference" factor. Kind-of morphing without
a texture map I'd say. Anyway, it'd be a kinda cool real-time effect for a
vector display that had enough CPU oomph to pull it off.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/