B/W XY help

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 14:31:30 EDT

Hey all,

        I'm trying to repair my first B/W XY monitor (it's a WG 19V2000,
from my Battlezone,) and have some questions...

        Symptoms: No picture. Spot Killer isn't lit. I hear clatter in
the neck. I already tried replacing the HV diode, and that didn't do it.
The 40V input to the HV unit is in the neighborhood (it's actually a
little low, but it's in the mid to high 30s so I'm guessing that it's OK)
of where it should be. I already checked a bunch of the transistors on
the HV unit, especially the outside mounted ones, and they're OK.

        I still get no picture, though. My next step was going to be to
check the Z-amp transistor (Q504, I think it is) but I wanted to see what
you guys thought it might be....

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph J. Welser jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Design Engineer -- Crystal Semiconductor Corporation
Ph.D. Student in E.E. -- University of Texas at Austin
Work: jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com http://www.crystal.com
P.O. Box 17847; Austin, TX 78760