19VLTP22 vs 19VJPT22

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 17:39:55 EDT

I'm sorry if this is a repost. I sent something similar last week, but
haven't received any replys, nor did I get a confirmation email, so I
don't believe it made it to the list. My apologies if you are reading
this twice.

Does anyone know if the 19VJPT22 tube has a higher resolution (finer dot
pitch) than the 19VLTP22 tube?

I called up Richardson Electronics to order a 19VLTP22 to replace the
tube in my Amplifone. This tube crosses exactly to the Rauland part
number commonly found on the Amplifone tubes (M something or other)

On my Amplifone schematics, they show that the tube is actually a
19VJPT22. Some DejaNews searching leads me to believe that the pinouts
for both tubes are identical. The problem is that this tube I am buying
is the last one that Richardsons will ever sell since their manufacturer
only has the supplies to make this one tube and has no plans to ever
make them again.

I was hoping to outfit all of my vector monitors with this tube because
the resolution is so nice. Since the VLTP seems to be scarce, I thought
I'd find out if the VJTP is any better, and then I'd see if it was more
commonly available. Maybe that plan is backwards, but you get the idea.

Thanks for any information.

Joel-