Z-80 simulator

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Fri Oct 10 1997 - 15:01:24 EDT

Hi all,

Still playing with "converting" the deviant games (Eliminator/Space Fury)
to the more Star Trek-like control wiring.

I found a kinda neat simulator for playing with Z-80 code.

http://barleywood.com

It's a windows based simulator, but has a built in memory watch, assembler,
editor, etc. The register window is pretty nifty with little "leds" for
each bit in every register as well as decimal and hex displays. You can
single-step, intercept IO reads/writes, set breakpoints, etc.

I couldn't get it to install at home, but it seems to like my machine here
at work. I got the Space Fury interrupt code running in it with a minimum
of fuss. (Mostly just a matter of figuring out that hex numbers starting
with A-F need to be preceded with a "0".)

Pretty cool.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com