Re: G80 raster ROM images

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Fri Oct 10 1997 - 17:35:58 EDT

At 08:40 AM 10/10/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Someone just emailed me looking for ROM images for the G80
>raster games (005, Monster Bash, Space Odyssey). Sounds
>like he's trying to un-SC them. Has anyone archived these?
>I know Clay has Astro Blaster, and it sounded like that
>was the one the guy was working on.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been in contact with
someone (who's name escapes me at the moment) who is actively
'un-SC'ing Astro Blaster. I gave him copies of the tables I
have (Thanks again Zonn!) and in return he's keeping me up
to date with his progress. It looks like the SC algorithim
is the same as the XY SC's, the difference is that AB looks
to have about 500 bytes that need to be patched. Yikes!
He claims to now have it partially working. I think this is
great since I had no desire to do it ;-)

David Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.com | By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com | _The Prisoner_