Re: Reproduction Star Wars overlays

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Mon Oct 20 1997 - 10:49:00 EDT

Ray Ghanbari wrote:

> Does the crease show when it is applied? If so, I'm returning it for sure
> (they were stupid in how they packed these...the flattened box they used had
> the side creases line up, so it was impossible for it not to bend)
>
> If it disappears, I'm not going to be a pain in the ass.
>
> I'm tempted to take an iron on low and a towel to see if I can press it out.
> Unfortunately, unlike Joel's, mine has a major crease in it

I'd be very leary about trying to remove the crease with an iron. I've
built plenty of model airplanes, and irons get wrinkles out of Monokote
just fine, but I'd be concerned that you'd melt the marquee no matter
how careful you are. This overlay material doesn't impress me as the
heat shrinking type. But hey, I'm a software engineer, not a chemical
engineer, so what do I know about melting marquees anyway? ;-)

Besides, if you wreck it, then you're out $45. It seems safer to just
send it back.

Maybe he doesn't know that he is packing these poorly. I think I'll
give him a call and let him know. I think I'll have him send me another
marquee too in exchange for this one if he can manage to send it in a
box.

Joel-