Re: Reproduction Star Wars overlays

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Oct 20 1997 - 10:34:15 EDT

On Oct 20, 9:18am, Ray Ghanbari wrote:
> Subject: Re: Reproduction Star Wars overlays
> You wrote:
> > Yes, it sounds like they pack these things poorly. Rick Schieve showed me
the
> > Centipede control panel overlay he got from them, and he was also upset
about
> > the crease down the middle of it.
>
> Does the crease show when it is applied? If so, I'm returning it for sure
> (they were stupid in how they packed these...the flattened box they used had
> the side creases line up, so it was impossible for it not to bend)

He hasn't applied it yet. His wasn't creased REAL bad, so he feels that it
should turn out ok (at least it's better than the CURRENT overlay...)

> If it disappears, I'm not going to be a pain in the ass.
>
> I'm tempted to take an iron on low and a towel to see if I can press it out.
> Unfortunately, unlike Joel's, mine has a major crease in it

In my personal experience with overlays, I've found that creases WILL show, no
matter how much you work them before hand. If someone has a sure-fire way of
getting rid of them, I'd like to hear it.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL