Re: Bizarre Amplifone Problem

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Oct 23 1997 - 23:35:20 EDT

Hey all,

        OK, I finally got a chance to move my Quantum inside, next to my
Star Wars. I hooked the outputs of both Amplifone boards in my Star Wars
up to the Amplifone tube in the Quantum, and guess what? I got good
vectors!

        So, that means that the problem is with the tube somewhere. Since
it looks like I'm not getting proper deflection, I'd guess the yoke is bad
(How does a yoke go bad?) Any other ideas?

        Does anyone have a spare Amplifone yoke they'd be willing to sell?

Still shrugging in disbelief....

Joe

Joseph J. Welser jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Design Engineer -- Crystal Semiconductor Corporation
Ph.D. Student in E.E. -- University of Texas at Austin
Work: jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com http://www.crystal.com
P.O. Box 17847; Austin, TX 78760