Re: Bizarre Amplifone Problem

From: Jeff Hendrix <jeffh_at_diac.com>
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 13:44:12 EDT

Mine was displaying shapes so bad that I couldn't recognize them.
It was on a wells gardner and I suspected the monitor, until I tried a
different boardset and everything looked fine.
Did you say your amplifone works fine on a different game?
(hmmm... maybe your star wars doesn't want an amplifone in it)

thats a tough one.

-jeff

Come on Clay, come up with an answer.

>On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Jeff Hendrix wrote:
>
>> I had the same problem with one of my star wars.
>> It turned out that the EPROM on the vector generator board was bad, I
>> swapped in a good one and everything was happy again.
>>

> Was it the case that it worked in a WG and didn't work in an
>Amplifone? (the boards of which work in another game which uses an
>Amplifone.) I wanted to test to make sure something freaky didn't happen
>to the SW board while I was swapping monitors, etc, so I dragged the WG
>that was originally in the SW to the back of the cabinet, and plugged the
>game into it. It fired up with a perfect picture. I plug the game back
>into the Amplifone that is in the cabinet now, and I get the funky
>vectors.
>
> ...I'm still scratching my head, so I would still appreciate any
>help. THis just doesn't make any sense.
>
> ...And Jeff, if this was the exact problem that you were having,
>please let me know.
>
>Joe

jeffh@diac.com

Buy/Sell/Trade classic video arcade games.
www.diac.com/~jeffh/