Re: Bizarre Amplifone Problem

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 02:23:47 EDT

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Jeff Hendrix wrote:

> I had the same problem with one of my star wars.
> It turned out that the EPROM on the vector generator board was bad, I
> swapped in a good one and everything was happy again.

        Was it the case that it worked in a WG and didn't work in an
Amplifone? (the boards of which work in another game which uses an
Amplifone.) I wanted to test to make sure something freaky didn't happen
to the SW board while I was swapping monitors, etc, so I dragged the WG
that was originally in the SW to the back of the cabinet, and plugged the
game into it. It fired up with a perfect picture. I plug the game back
into the Amplifone that is in the cabinet now, and I get the funky
vectors.

        ...I'm still scratching my head, so I would still appreciate any
help. THis just doesn't make any sense.

        ...And Jeff, if this was the exact problem that you were having,
please let me know.

Joe