Re: Sega Multigame (progress...)

From: Michael Schulz <mschulz_at_ticipa.Works.ti.com>
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 17:20:23 EDT

>Why stop with sega? I had thought about a layout like this:
>

> L R J T F L R J T F
> o o O o o .1 o o O o o
> .2
> o _ o
> S (_)spin S
>
>Made from a Space Duel panel, where the J's are joysticks added for
>black widow, and the spinner is added for Tempest. There is room on
>the TOP of the panel for the sticks, and probably the spinner. The
>bottom is too tight, unless you replace the buttons with the newer
>smaller ones, and even then I'm not sure the sticks would fit. I'm
>not sure, but I don't think there is enough vertical clearance for
>the spinner (assuming a Tempest spinner). If there was more room, you
>could put a trackball in place of the spinner to accomodate Quantum ;-)

That's along the lines of what I'd like to see too.

Check out Ian Boffin's excellent multi-atari-vector control panel overlay at:

  http://magenta.com/havoc/atari/vector/miscgraphics/ians_cpanel.gif

or

  http://magenta.com/havoc/atari/vector/html/vector_collector.html

It's very similar to what you're describing.

Mike

    Michael Schulz                     |    Texas Instruments, SpecWorks
    Software Design Engineer           |    (972) 927-5847,  mschulz@ti.com
------------- The opinions and views expressed are my own, and do -------------
----------- not necessarily reflect those of Texas Instruments Inc. -----------