Re: Audio Reg on Tempest or Gravitar

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Tue Nov 04 1997 - 14:07:43 EST

Ozdemir, Steve wrote:

> As I remember, the only major modification was swapping out the
> Asteroids audio regulator board for a more advanced version (Audio Reg
> II?). Is either the Tempest or Gravitar audio regulator board advanced
> enough? (The Gravitar audio regulator board didn't look "populated
> enough" to be an Audio Reg II.) Thanks in advance for any help!

Tempest uses an Audio Reg II, so if that's what you need, you'll be all
set. I'm not familiar with the hack that you're referring to, but
Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe operate off the exact same voltages, so
I'm surprised that it says you need the more advanced power supply.
What does Ray do with this supply?

Joel-