Re: Need a Asteroids EHT Assembly?

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 05 1997 - 14:11:52 EST

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Mit Matelske wrote:

> >of them look in good shape, no burnt resistors or cracked flybacks. They
> >seem to be interchangeable with all versions of the monitors, anyways, I have
> >never run into a problem. Untested.

Hey All,

        Mit's post (it might've been unintentional?) reminded me of a
question that I had.

        What all is swappable between a 19V2000 and a GO-5 (The version
with the same connector as the 19V2000, obviously)

        It looks like Bill was hinting that the HV units can be swapped,
but what about the deflection boards.

        I've got a 19V2000 that gets no picture, it seems like it gets HV
(I get a nice spark when I discharge it,) it gets heater glow, and the
spot killer's not lit. No fuses are blown, and I've touched up all the
solder joints on both the HV board and the def. board.

        It sure would be nice to swap a GO-5 def. board (I've got a
spare working one) in there so I'd know for sure what board was the
culprit...

Thanks,

Joe