Re: Need a Asteroids EHT Assembly?

From: Corey Stup <cstup_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed Nov 05 1997 - 14:43:09 EST

> What all is swappable between a 19V2000 and a GO-5 (The
> version
> with the same connector as the 19V2000, obviously)
>
> It looks like Bill was hinting that the HV units can be
> swapped,
> but what about the deflection boards.
>
> I've got a 19V2000 that gets no picture, it seems like it gets
> HV
> (I get a nice spark when I discharge it,) it gets heater glow, and the
>
> spot killer's not lit. No fuses are blown, and I've touched up all the
>
> solder joints on both the HV board and the def. board.
>
> It sure would be nice to swap a GO-5 def. board (I've got a
> spare working one) in there so I'd know for sure what board was the
> culprit...

I'd love to get some info on the 19V2000 - I have one that has no
HV. No fuses are blown, and both the deflection board and HV boards
are very clean, with no previous "repairs".... Anyone have any tips
on this chassis?

I have an extra Battlezone monitor that would fit nicely - anyone know
if the connector pinouts are the same? (Battlezone upright source,
Asteroids Dlx upright destination)