Re: Major Havoc

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 11:31:04 EST

>Are the quad pokeys on firefox and ROTJ as the one on MH? I have a weird
>looking
>quad pokey. Instead of the board socket being in the middle, this one is off in
>the corner. The 4 chips are all in a row.

Hmmmm. Sounds like Atari might have done a couple of board spins for
different physical requirements...

 From my *huge* ;-) sample of about 3 RoJ and FireFox boards they all had
the chip-on-board version of the quad Pokey. About the same physical size
as a 40 pin dip, four little blobs (chip dies) covered with black epoxy on
top.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com