New to list, Amplifone questions

From: Dan Rasmussen <dras_at_telco.stratus.com>
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 11:43:35 EST

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this vector list and would really like to get it
in digest form as it seems really busy. Is this possible?

Anyway, I have an amplifone questions:

I recently got an amplifone HV board (a white, rev 2 board) for my
dead star wars monitor. I was told that the board tested good (with
an hv probe, not in a working monitor) and it came from someone on
rgvac that I have dealt with before and trust. Anyway, the board
arrived with a broken lead (aparently happened in shipping) where one
of the large resistors had been jumpered. There are also other
modifications to this board that include the addtion of two diodes
on the solder side of the board. I can provide more details if
necessary.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a modification to this board
that includes the elimination of the large resistor at the top left
corner of the board (as you look at it with the heat sink on top and
the HV trans on the right, I would provide the location marking from
the board but it is too burnt to read). This board does look like it
has been factory serviced (it has several service/tested stickers that
my original HV board does not have).

I will add that, while the other mods to the board seem to be cleanly
done, the jumper wire is a mess: Somone clipped the resistor on one
side, then desoldered the other side. The jumper was then soldered to
the old resistor lead on one side and to the board on the other. Its
quite a mess.

One more thing the two boards have different HV transformers though
both are red.

I figure that I need to either replace the broken jumper wire but I
hesitate to do so if this is not a known modification to this board.
Maybe I should just restor it to its original configuration.

Any help with this board would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan Rasmussen
dras@sw.stratus.com