Re: ESB stuff...

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 17:41:38 EST

>I had this same thing happen to my ESB UR machine. It is an original
>atari kit, but when I got it, it would come up and work fine in attract
>mode, and when you would start a game the machine would reset. the
>problem was the ROMs on the daughter board were bad. I dont know what the
>board Rev. is though..

I tracked it to the daughtercard last night too. Odd though-- I replaced
the ROMs and had the same problem. The *extra* weird part is that the same
daughtercard works JUST FINE in another CPU board. A different
daughtercard in the "problem" boards works just dandy. Gotta be the 22V10
or some bizarre-o combination of manufacturers that is pissing it off.
(AMD EPROMs on CPU board + NS EPROMs on daughtercard + AMD PAL22V10... or
something) I hate upgrades. ;-)

>I have to go look at it today anyway so I will see what kinda board it
>has. I got a sevice call on it (yes, I operate it) saying the game puts
>big bright white lines on the screen every so often and the monitor is
>getting dimmer. doesn't sound good to me!

Glitchy Vector Generator board?

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com