Re: recap of Tempest

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 16:46:30 EST

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Ozdemir, Steve wrote:

> which resistor was which. What I couldn't read or figure out was the
> ZD's. The largest ZD was readable (and meant for ZD902. The next two
> largest ZD were taped together, so they were probably 1N4750 27V and
> meant for ZD100 and ZD101? This doesn't seem right since the original
> ZD100 part had a big black ZD and I'm replacing it with a smaller orange
> one??

My Zanen kit included a sheet of paper that stated what part numbers were
for which part locations (ie: ZD 902). Sounds like you are missing that. If
the problem is you can't read the part numbers on the parts -- maybe just a
magnifying glass ?

I should also mention: Be VERY carefull you don't put the ZD902 part into
the D902 socket. This will result in many melted companents. This was the
problem I posted about a month or so ago. The broken Tempest I purchased had
been bungled in this manner.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/